Are you bored with the same old conventional hair dyes and looking for a trendy and sassy way to make a statement among your peers and colleagues? A good purple hair dye can give your hair a rebellious look with a touch of regal to it that would definitely redefine your style and look. Violet gorgeous tresses is a sure fire way to make heads turn in admiration or in awe. But when it comes to such dark or peppy hair colors like purple one cannot be careless enough to buy products without knowing much about them. So today we have listed the top five purple hair dyes that will give you the look you yearn for.
Best Purple Hair Dye Reviewed
Pravana Vivids – Locked In Purple
The Chroma Silk Vivids is an award-winning collection of Pravana. Its clear color gel once squeezed from the tube can be applied very easily on your chosen strands, streaks etc. Its vibrant color adds sheen to your hair to give it that smooth and bold look which you always wanted. A special pigment present in the product makes sure that the color is not easily washed away.
- The clear gel is easy to apply and even make designs according to one’s choice as it is a non-transferrable color. It can be applied with proper precision without being worried about it getting smudged somewhere else.
- From the very first wash, it becomes clear that the color is pretty adamant to get off. So rest assured one need not fear of it fading fast
- No need of a stylist for the desirable effect like coloring streaks, polka dots etc, as creativity knows no bound when it comes to this product.
- It doesn’t have that typical chemical like smell.
- The tint of magenta is a bit more intense than the color purple.
- The absence of conditioner makes the hair rough after washing it.
Manic Panic – Ultra Violet
This hair dye product claims to be an infusion of herbal along with protein complex. The product can be used according to the requirement of the customer. If someone wants the color to be really deep, then bleaching of the hair is imperative before applying the product. For a subtler look one doesn’t have to bleach but apply it directly. This vegan product is perfect for dark as well as light haired people.
- The product doesn’t contain ammonia, peroxide and paraben which are the most common unhealthy components present in various cosmetic products.
- One doesn’t have to mix the dye before applying as it is a ready to use hair dye.
- Its classic cream formula leaves your hair soft and silky after the first wash.
- In natural light, the hue of the color seems to be more bluish and purple.
- If not used with conditioner the product tends to make the hair a bit rough at first.
Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color – Violet Purple
This product from Garnier is a good choice when it comes to long-lasting color and shiny hair to flaunt it. It is well known for keeping the hair nourished and giving that smooth lustrous look long after its application. This is home care color is perfect if you are looking for an intense shade of purple.
- The product is enriched with the goodness of avocado oil, grape seed and shea that keeps the hair from getting damaged and adding vividness to the color.
- After the application, it keeps the hair properly moisturized along with the fruity smell that refreshes one’s senses.
- This non-dripping hair color is intense enough to color any predominantly dark hair and stay even after numerous washes.
- The infusion of black current in the product adds to the nutritional value of the product and at the same time it makes the color long lasting in a natural way.
- Apart from the natural ingredients present in the product the inclusion of ammonia is a drawback.
- The product won’t show proper result on hair which is light in shades like blonde or light brown.
Sparks – Purple Passion
This particular hair dye has popularized in no time due to its excellent performance. Its cool-toned purple gives that gorgeous look that grabs everyone’s attention. The conditioner present in the tube makes your hair look healthier and shiny.
- It is a paraben free product. The conditioner infused with the color pigments that keep your hair soft and silky after the first wash
- Dyes only the hair leaving your scalp, ear and forehead untouched.
- Even if it starts fading, the uniformity of the color will stay intact while the vibrancy will mellow down giving it a subtle look.
- For the sake of experimenting you can mix it with some other colors and create a new style for yourself.
- Applying it with conditioner will lessen the vibrancy of the color and leaves a pinkish hue
- For long thick hair, this one hair color tube might prove to be insufficient
L’Oreal Paris Colorista – Purple
This particular product of Loreal allows the customer to play around with color in their own way. It customizes one’s look in no time with its peppy shades to go along with the unique style preferred by you. It’s the best choice for brunettes.
- It is an ammonia and peroxide free product which requires no bleach prior to its application.
- With the Clear Mixer it is easy to create your own shades of pastel and apply to get that unique look.
- This is a vegan product which is free from any kind of animal cruelty.
- This semi-permanent hair color comes with a conditioning hair mask.
- Colorista works best on super light colored hair.
- It is rather a temporary hair color than semi-permanent which washes away after two or three times of wash.
In short the above-listed products will narrow down your research before buying the next hair color. Who needs a stylist when one can avail the right product sitting at home? There is need to spend on a salon when you can get the same treatment all by yourself.